Why Choose Our Recording Lessons?
We Record Drums, Guitars, Bass, Vocals, and More
You will get to keep the finished tracks you record.
We Use Industry Standards
We use high-quality equipment in an optimal setup. We’ll teach you how to do the same using 24 bit / 96KHz audio fidelity. We will teach you industry-standard workflows and methods. We use excellent speakers for monitoring.
Our Setup Is Simple
Our equipment is high in quality, but not extensive. We use microphones, an audio interface, a computer, digital signal processors, and speakers. You can replicate our setup at home, and we can help you build an even more affordable setup.
Recording Lessons Menu
Learn how to make a record, from start to finish. We will cover all of the subjects below.
Learn how to record instruments and vocals. We’ll focus on:
- Microphone settings and placements
- Important mistakes to avoid
- When and how to use compression during recording
- Operating the recording software
Learn how to balance and color the individual voices on a record. We’ll focus on:
- Balancing and panning instruments to create space
- Using EQ to improve clarity and reduce muddiness
- Using reverb to add distance
- Using automation for control and creativity
Learn how to finish a completed, mixed record for distribution. We’ll focus on:
- Optimizing the track with EQ
- Making the track louder
- Giving tracks in an album a consistent sound
- Exporting in industry-standard formats for distribution
Music Publishing Course
Learn how to release your music on iTunes, Spotify, etc. We’ll focus on:
- Performing rights organizations
- Digital distribution
- Business administration
We Make a Promise to Our Students
We will tailor your instruction to fit you
We use different teaching strategies for different students. Stuart is careful to make sure you are understanding the information he is trying to teach to you. When you need help, he will break down the material and find different ways to teach it to you.
We will help you meet your goals
If you are studying music production, you are a serious student. Stuart will mentor you and help you take your music to a professional level. Your musical achievements are what drive our business.
Our sessions are exciting and fun
Music production is fun and exciting. It slows down and gets a little technical sometimes, but then when you hear your music it is all worthwhile. It is a process you’ll want to repeat again and again.